Saturday, March 12, 2016

Wintersmith, Terry Pratchett

Still working my way (deliberately slowly) through the Tiffany Aching books. I really like her, and I really dislike Annagramma. Reading the first couple I suspect that if I lived in Discworld I'd be a witch, but I bet most people who read these books feel that way, too. I thought the Wintersmith was pretty sweet, and just happened to be reading this book as a blizzard hit, so Tiffany can feel free to come take care of that any time she'd like. I love the Feegles although I don't quite understand the bit with the cheese, and while I quite like Roland I have never 100% bought any "romance" Pratchett's written. (And Tiffany shouldn't need saving, she's awesome.)

The scenes with Granny Weatherwax and the kitten, by the way, were clearly written while spying on my dad, who has, in fact, named a kitten, "Hey you!" 

Grade: B

Originally posted 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment