Monday, March 14, 2016

Nothing Like Paris, Amy Jo Cousins

I really like the tropes and character types here, so I'm not TOTALLY sure why this book didn't quite land the way I wanted it to. Normally if a book isn't getting me what I wish it were, I have a list of complaints, but everything here was fine. Jack was a screw up with a bad temper, which is something I like. Miguel had a big adorable family, and was the sensible one who's a little afraid to dream. They undeniably learn a lot about each other and end up making each other better people.

I don't know, man. I got to the end and thought, "Yeah. That should have made me feel a lot of feelings," but it mostly didn't. It was really enjoyable, it just didn't itch whatever scratch I was hoping it would. My fault, not the book's.

Grade: I don't actually know what I didn't love about it, so B

#21 in 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment