Saturday, March 12, 2016

A Seditious Affair, KJ Charles

Oh my goddddddd, this book opens in media res, by which I mean in the middle of a sex scene, by which I mean in the middle of a dude boning another dude in a way that IS consensual but is set up to seem like maybe it's not, and... Oh man, I was on the subway and I had to close my kindle and not look at anyone else until I got home.

I really like both of the characters this book is about, I love the series, I love how Charles uses real history like the Six Acts to place the romance in a real situation with real stakes and real consequences. I genuinely wasn't sure how this story could possibly have a happy ending, but it does, even if it means a lot of compromises and an ending that isn't over-the-top happily-ever-after. If historical m/m s&m themed romance sounds like your thing, you'll LOVE this. I can't wait for the third book in this series.

Grade: A

2015

No comments:

Post a Comment