Sunday, March 13, 2016

Rag and Bone, KJ Charles

KJ Charles wrote my absolute favorite romance I read in 2015, Think of England, so the bar is set PRETTY high for the rest of her books. This one is faaaaaaantastic. It's set in her ongoing world of magic, and in fact takes place kind of in the background of one of the Charm of Magpie books. Or one of the spinoffs. I forget, now.) Anyway, Crispin is an adorable human disaster of a magic user who has accidentally been trained to be a warlock, and Ned is a very sensible waste-man who loves him. Crispin is always in the wrong place at the wrong time, and he always does what he has to in order to stop evil magic doers and save lives, but generally this results in him getting in to trouble with SOMEONE. And he and Ned have a fight, and then an evil magic user kidnaps Ned, and Crispin has to try and rescue him in spite of, again, being kind of a disaster.

It's a pairing type I love; give me an adorable try-hard for whom nothing goes right, and a sensible guy who is just like, "... I love you, but MAN, you make stuff difficult for yourself." I loved this book, and I loved the end, and I will read every book about the forever.

Grade: A

#10 in 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment