Monday, March 14, 2016

Us, Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy

!!!!!!

This is a sequel to Him, a book I love in spite of it being a) about hockey players b) written in the present tense d) written in the first person and c) switching POV every chapter or so. Those three things should have knocked it off my to-read but someone gifted it to me, and I was on vacation with no internet, so I read it, and I loved it. And now the sequel is out, and it is EVEN! BETTER!

I mean, it seems like it was designed just for me. First, it's about two guys trying to figure out how to be in love and live their lives and communicate about stuff like money and job stress. I will read that story every time -- I always wish romance novels would go on a few months after the happily ever after. And THEN there are major plots about the stress of coming out, about a famous person dating a not-famous person, AND someone gets terribly sick and needs to go to the hospital and be looked after. This book was coming after every trope I, personally, love.

Other things I love: Jaime's family, Wes's team, Jaime's hockey players, Jaime's repeated reminders to everyone that he's bisexual, not gay. And the sex is hot. Just a delight from start to finish -- I was supposed to go shopping and instead I sat in a Chipotle for an hour and finished the book.

Grade: A

#20 in 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment