Saturday, March 12, 2016

Mr. Cavendish, I Presume, Julia Quinn

This is the other half of The Lost Duke of Wyndham. This is the story of the guy who lost his job as the Duke when his long-lost cousin showed up, and I think I liked it better. It started off pretty rough; Thomas is deeply dislikable at the beginning of the book, and he treats his fiancee with absolute contempt. But once he loosens up and realizes he likes her because she's smart and awesome the book gets a lot better, and Thomas manages to lose everything in the whole world he ever expected to get without whining too much. Amelia is pretty great, although I wanted her to do MORE, and be even smarter. Ah, well.

I really, really didn't need the epilogue, though. They love each other, they get a happily ever after, I didn't need anyone to come in and wrap up everything in a way-too-convenient ribbon. 

Grade: B

Originally published 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment