Sunday, March 13, 2016

Listen to the Moon, Rose Lerner

I liked this book a lot, mostly. I loved reading a historical book about servants instead of a nice girl who falls in love with a duke. I loved reading a book where they get married right away and then have to deal with their relationship as married people. All great, all very compelling.

I wish he'd been... a little nicer? He tried, certainly, and by the end he's loosened up. And that was his ongoing issue; his father's perfectionism had bene passed down to him, and he had trouble making friends or forgiving people little mistakes. I get that. But it made him a little bit mean to his wife, and while it's all wrapped up nicely by the end with a happily ever after, there were moments that felt downright bleak. Loved the realism of that, but it's not exactly what I want from my escapist literature.

Grade: B

#11 in 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment