Saturday, March 12, 2016

Uncharted TerriTORI, Tori Spelling

One of the perks of owning a Nook is that I can read a book in-store and it'll remember where I was and whenever I wander into a BN I can pick it up again. Which is to say I started reading this while I was waiting for a friend to arrive a few weeks ago and finished it this week.

Oh, Tori. I am so shamefully addicted to your stupid reality TV show. You and Dean are such bad communicators and you are so completely delusional. That's what I got from this book; Tori is totally self-obsessed, but mostly in the way she worries that every single thing she does is being watched and judged. I know she's famous (sort of) but really. She goes to jury duty and freaks out that people might think she's trying to skip out because she's famous. So the woman calls her by a false name and Tori freaks out that people will think she's trying to get away with using an alias because she's famous. She misses a week of Mommy and Me classes because she's sick and assumes everyone there thinks she thinks she's too famous to go. It's no way to go through life, and I feel bad for her total inability to get over herself and just accept that sometimes people think shit, and that's their problem.

So yes, this is super trashy and occasionally hilarious and I totally enjoyed it, but I didn't buy it or anything. Ideal beach reading/airplane reading, because you can read it on the way and leave it behind with no regrets.

Grade: C

Originally posted 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment