Monday, March 14, 2016

Dukes Prefer Blondes, Loretta Chase

Loretta Chase is my favorite romance author, and this book is a good example of why. It's the fourth in the dressmaker series, and while I liked those I loved this one. The beginning made me raise my eyebrows and wonder where the whole thing was going, but once the story starts, it's amazing. Why? Because the hero and heroine compliment each other so well.

She's a lady who feels incredibly weighed down by the restrictions and expectations on her shoulders. He's a barrister who represents, for example, children who died in a workhouse. She's determined to do something for the children she sponsors, and he's determined to keep her out of trouble. But then they both realize they'll do better if they work together, and once he realizes how smart she is -- but is never really allowed to show -- and she realizes how kind he is, and they fall in love.... oh man.... swoon city.

Partnership is probably my number one romance novel bulletproof kink.

Grade: A

#1 read in 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment