Saturday, March 12, 2016

10 Things I Love About You, Julia Quinn

I read this a few weeks ago and I'll be honest; all I really remember was that I enjoyed it, and that the reveal about Sebastian's secret profession is DELIGHTFUL. 

Okay, I just checked the summary on Amazon and now I remember a little bit more. There is a very silly and not-entirely-working conceit that both the heroine and the hero make lists of 10 things all the time, which is a little weird but better than the way the last book featured everyone needing to shout of windows all the time as a motif. I liked that there was an actual reason the hero and heroine couldn't be together, and Sebastian is the kind of misunderstood but secretly wonderful hero I really enjoy. There's a deeply upsetting attempted rape scene that kind of ends with... wacky comedy? that I didn't like very much, since it was so incredibly upsetting, but since it's the villain and not the hero doing the raping it wasn't a deal-breaker for me. I enjoyed it more than the last one in this series, but Julia Quinn is always like eating frosting right out of the jar.



Grade: B

Originally posted 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment