Saturday, March 26, 2016

the plan for the next 50 books

For my own peace of mind, this is an approximation of my reading plan for... the rest of the year? The next two years? God knows there are enough books on here to keep me busy.

The plan is to a) clear out my kindle of some of the purchased-but-unread books, b) work my way through the rest of the Nero Wolfe books, c) get some of my non-fiction books read, d) read through a whole bunch of Guy Gavriel Kay (I'm reading these and N over at BooksBoozeandBrunch is reading the Dunnetts and we are only allowed to yell WHERE ARE YOU, HOW MUCH HAVE YOU READ???? a couple of times a day at each other) and E) read some as yet unchosen books for the romance novel discussion podcast. So really, this is more like the plan for the next 60 books, I just haven't plugged them all in yet. Plus there are a couple of books I've pre-ordered on Amazon that will need to be added in here and there (including my sister's book, Bound by Blood and Sand, please go preorder it now, it's SUPER great).

And, of course, I will end up buying more books as people recommend them or they go on sale, because I am a compulsive book-buyer, and getting my kindle to-read below 50 is probably a pipe dream. But I do love to have a plan!

Currently reading: The Last Light of the Sun, GGK

Plan to read (in something resembling this order):

  1. All I Am (podcast)
  2. Because of Miss Bridgerton (pre-order)
  3. And Be a Villain (Nero Wolfe)
  4. Her Every Wish (to buy - whoops)
  5. A Gentleman's Position (pre-order)
  6. Tigana (GGK)
  7. Capturing the Silken Thief (on kindle)
  8. Trouble in Triplicate (NW)
  9. Console Wars (ok)
  10. The Ringed Castle (Dunnett re-read)
  11. In the Best Families (NW)
  12. Danubia (giant non-fiction book on my bookshelf taking up space)
  13. Veronica Mars: Mr. Kiss and Tell (ok)
  14. Curtains for Three (NW)
  15. Beguiled (ok)
  16. Murder by the Book (NW)
  17. The Girl Next Door (ok)
  18. Prisoner's Base (NW)
  19. The Other Side of Midnight (podcast)
  20. Triple Jeopardy (NW)
  21. The Hanging Tree: A Rivers of London Novel (pre-order -- best guess??)
  22. Courtiers (non-fiction paperback)
  23. The Corrupt Comte (ok)
  24. The Golden Spiders (NW)
  25. Checkmate (Dunnett re-read)
  26. The Black Mountain (NW)
  27. The Bohemian and the Banker (ok)
  28. Three Men Out (NW)
  29. Scrap Metal (ok)
  30. Vermeer's Hat (ok non-fiction)
  31. Before Midnight (nw)
  32. Under Heaven (GGK)
  33. Might As Well Be Dead (NW)
  34. The Slipstream Con (ok)
  35. The Closer You Get (ok)
  36. Three Witnesses (NW)
  37. Spice and Smoke (ok)
  38. Heat Trap: The Plumber's Mate (ok)
  39. If Death Ever Slept (NW)
  40. Driving Her Crazy (ok)
  41. The Scandalous Lady W (paperback non-fiction)
  42. Three for the Chair (NW)
  43. Dirty Thoughts (ok)
  44. And Four to Go (NW)
  45. River of Stars (GGK)
  46. Champagne for One (NW)
  47. The Simpsons and their Mathematical Secrets (ok)
  48. Plot it Yourself (NW)
  49. Trade Me (WHY HAVEN'T I READ THIS YET)
  50. Three at Wolfe's Door (NW)
  51. Women's Work: The First 20,000 Years (non-fiction ok)
  52. Too Many Clients (NW)


No comments:

Post a Comment