Monday, April 25, 2016

Three Doors to Death, Rex Stout

I had a terribly stressful weekend, so I retreated into reading formulaic murder mysteries. It's so comforting. And for whatever reason there are volumes and volumes of Nero Wolfe mystery novellas. They're all collections of threes -- Three Doors to Death, Trouble in Triplicate, Curtains for Three.

Luckily Stout can write a great novella. Short mysteries are great, and they make for very relaxing reading. I know exactly when all the problems will be solved.

...of course, if you asked me which three stories, specifically, were in THIS volume, I'd have to admit I have no idea. Goodreads says: "a man unsuccessfully attempts suicide just before he is killed, a murder victim's family hides the identity of the killer, and a horticulturist discovers his girlfriend's body."

I have no idea what that first one is talking about, that second one could be literally ANY BOOK in this series, and the third one I do remember, and it was great. Thumbs up! I think!

Grade: B

#38 in 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment