Friday, January 21, 2022

Hello

 I will be honest, I have't read a single book yet this year. 

Sure, we're only three weeks in, but I also read very few books last year, or the year before that. My time is taken up with video games, with watching youtube, with staring into space and contemplating the universe... I joke, except I'm not really joking. Part of it is that since 2016 the world has felt a lot less safe and comfortable. Part of it is that since 2020 my job has gone completely sideways and become a hostile, miserable place, and after 17 years of the same work, I'm seriously thinking about updating my resume and looking for something where I'll feel safer and more respected. All of that takes up a ton of brain space, and reading books has fallen by the wayside.

Also, I fully forgot I had this book blog. Whoops. I was thinking about writing, maybe, about the video games I've been playing, or the make up I've been enjoying, or the youtube videos I'd recommend, and I went to search up blogger and... this popped up. It feels like a different person read these books, although I skimmed it and my opinions are basically the same. 

So here we go! I am going to put down my thoughts about things like why I love the Trails series of video games (and all the problems with those same games), why I don't want to read any hot takes about Breath of the Wild 2, and why trash reality TV is the only that helps me turn my brain off these days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment