Wednesday, July 27, 2016

It Takes Two to Tangle (The Matchmaker Trilogy #1), Theresa Romain

There was a point in this book when I almost put it down, because "mistaken identity" is not always my favorite trope. But everything else was so charming that I kept going, and I'm glad I did. This is a charming regency romance. Our hero is a soldier who was wounded fighting Napoleon and has lost the use of one of his arms. Our heroine is a widow who blames herself for a couple of bad decisions she's made in the past. She is acting as a companion for her beautiful cousin, who is the toast of the ton.

He thinks he wants the beautiful cousin; he gets a letter from the heroine and thinks it's from the beautiful cousin instead. That's where I nearly quit, but it turned out to be fine, and charming, and I was very happy at the happy ending. What an adorable book.

Grade: B
#64 in 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment